To arrange a school visit, please contact Sarah Azibo at The Booking Biz http://thebookingbiz.com
As a former teacher, I am passionate about connecting with students in whatever way possible—in person, in a video chat, or through letters.
My talks are geared for kindergarten through adults. One of my favorite sayings is: The map is not the terrain. My topics are the map, but I need to respond to the terrain. You, your school, your classroom, your students are the terrain.
I do whole school assemblies or by grade or classroom. Presentations last 50 to 60 minutes.
Through Molly’s engaging, humorous and interactive talk, the children got to see that a professional writer grapples with the same questions and challenges as they do.
( Kim Gerould, 3rd grade teacher, Northampton Public Schools )
- The Power of Wondering: A Waste of Time or a Writer’s Tool? Geared for: Large group presentation Grades K-7
- Same and Different: Character Building Geared for: Grades K, 1, 2 (writing workshop)
- Creating Stories: An improv Approach to Character, Setting, and Plot Geared for: Grades 6, 7, 8 (Writing Workshop)
- The Anatomy of a Giggle: Humor and Writing Funny Geared for: Adults
- Octopuses, Platypuses, and Me: Evolution and Finding the Heart Geared for: Adults
- The teacher and aides should be with the children.
- A library or a classroom is a perfect setting for an author visit.
- What month were you hoping to have your school visit? Please give me a few options when contacting me.
- Make some of my books available to your students. A visit is more meaningful if the students have heard the work of the person giving the presentation.
- Have the students think of questions they would like to ask – about my books, the writing process or about being an author. If they write the questions down, they don’t forget!
Speaking to Adults: I am happy and perfectly capable to talk to adults. I love thinking and talking about craft issues like character, humor, or theme. I also am enthralled by the creative process, and educational pedagogy.
All Children: I am committed to the idea that all children should have an opportunity to meet authors. If you are a Title I school in Western MA, let’s talk!